- On-Site Training
- New iPad? Start Here
Dropbox (Free) is a secure, password-protected online server for transferring documents from the office to the Apple iPad. Your life is about to become infinitely more productive – and mobile – because you have now discovered this amazing (free) application.
GoodReader ($2.99) is a file management system for the Apple iPad that allows you to organize, access, and annotate files in court and on the go. The folder system lets you create client folders, build a mobile legal library, and make notes on case documents. It is the “brains” of the Apple iPad.
Here is a step-by-step guide to transferring documents from the computer to the Apple iPad:
(1) On each of your office computers, download and install Dropbox:
(2) On your computer, open your Dropbox folder and create a file system:
(3) On your Apple iPad, download the Dropbox App and enter your account information:
(4) On your Apple iPad, download the GoodReader App to connect to Dropbox:
(5) On your office computer, save documents to your Dropbox folder:
(6) On your Apple iPad, open GoodReader and select Connect to Servers > Add. Input your Dropbox account information to view your documents:
That’s it. Together, Dropbox and GoodReader encompass the mobile business potential of the Apple iPad. For example, you and your staff can work on a document at the office, and by saving it to Dropbox, the document is immediately available on the Apple iPad as you run across the street to the courthouse. No more thumb drives (easily lost), compact discs (limited data size), or local file servers (expensive). Once you get to court, you can review those documents in GoodReader, make annotations, and many more exciting features.
For questions, comments, or help using the Apple iPad at work, please contact me at email@example.com.
Upcoming EventsRoanoke Valley Paralegals Association
May 9, 2013
Topic: "iPad Presentation at Trial: Presenting Your Case with TrialPad, Keynote, and Exhibit View"